About the Workshop
Relive your favourite experiences by capturing the wonder and adventure of the aquatic realm with digital underwater photography.
Spend a weekend at Port Stephens with Australia’s most experienced UWP instructor and acclaimed Underwater Photographer Kevin Deacon and expand your knowledge beyond the basics of underwater digital camera use while enjoying our best shore dives in NSW.
This workshop is suitable for all levels of underwater digital photographers with the exception of absolute beginners with no experience of digital underwater photography. Participants will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge of digital underwater image capture styles, techniques, equipment, composition and lighting.
The workshops are not highly technical; the focus is on practical application of the key elements for successful UW digital image capture. Kevin is a master at underwater image capture and expert at making the concepts simple and uncomplicated while at the same time developing your ability to improve your future results. Our base for the weekend is either the Halifax Holiday Park or the Shoal Bay Holiday Park which also provides the option of nice accommodation in their Villas.
The dive sites will be selected from the best sites in the Marine Park bordered by Halifax and Fly Point. These sheltered dive sites within Port Stephens offer easy beach entry, depths ranging from 5 to 28 meters and the best diversity of fish and marine life in NSW.
Our support dive shop is Lets Go Adventures, Nelson Bay and they have excellent facilities including Air Fills or Nitrox Fills. They also have a gear washing area, shower & toilets.
- $395 (excluding accommodation)
- $595 (including accommodation, twin share)
- Non workshop participants (Diver or Non Diver) $25 (excluding accommodation) $225 (including accommodation, twin share)
- $25 Sat night BBQ
- Instructors Kevin Deacon & Josie Ruth.
- Saturday & Sunday Mornings will be spent in the workshops.
- Saturday and Sunday Afternoon a dive will be conducted in the marine park and during late afternoon images will be reviewed and critiqued.
- Saturday Night a BBQ will be provided, relax with some drinks with friends and fellow divers (BYO Drinks).
- The accommodation will be available Friday afternoon through to Monday 10am checkout. The program will finish at 5:30pm Sunday evening after which participants can choose to pack and depart or stay overnight for a Monday departure.
- Theory and practical session including shore dives at one of the Nelson Bay local sites.
- Course materials and notes prepared by Kevin & Josie
- Personal advice on configuration, choices or upgrades of your camera system or accessories
What You Need to Bring
- Your Camera if you already have one. (Systems will be available to hire but you will need to book them)
- Complete set of dive gear including air cylinder & weights.
- Food & drinks for the weekend.
- Towel, hat and sunscreen.