Gallipoli, located on the Turkish peninsula, stands out as one of the most futile battles of World War One. The loss suffered here is not only reflected in the soils of her shores but in the surrounding waters. There remains so many unanswered questions regarding the allied assault of 1915, yet the discovery and identification of some 216 wrecks gives an insight into the conflict and loss. Join this historical journey, diving the wrecks now open to discovery.
Canakkale is known for its proximity to both the Gallipoli battlefields and the ancient ruins of Troy. From the cobbled streets surrounding the saat kulesi (clock tower) to the sweeping kordon (waterfront pathway), you’ll be forever mesmerised by this delightful little city.
For divers and history lovers, the Gallipoli Peninsula is located nearby, with the Aegean Sea to the West and the Dardanelles Straight to the East. The area is famous for its part in WWI, the Gallipoli Campaign. Diving has recently been opened up in the area, with access to some of the incredible World War One wrecks, significant to the history of both Turkey and Australia.
The trip also includes tours of Anzac Cove, City of Troy, and Istanbul with private guides.
NON Diver $4449
- Return airfares ex. Sydney to Istanbul via Singapore (flying Singapore Airlines)
- Australian and applicable airline taxes (subject to change)
- Akol Hotel, Canakkale
- Twin share accommodation - 9 nights
- 1 day ANZAC Cove tour with private guide
- 1 day City of Troy tour with private guide
- Return transfer to Istanbul
- Kalyon Hotel, Istanbul
- Standard twin share room - 1 night
- Breakfast daily
- Istanbul city tour with private guide & lunch
- 14 dives (over7days) per diver with Special Permission to dive WWI wrecks
- Tanks, weights, air-fills & dive guide
- Lunch, snacks, tea & coffee with transfers from hotel to boat on dive days
- Tour Leader Services
- Not Included: Meals, Travel insurance and personal expenses
- Conditions Apply. Rates subject to change.
- $1200 Deposit required to secure a spot!
- All prices subject to increases if the Australian dollar falls dramatically.
- All prices based on bank transfers, cash or cheque. Credit cards are acceptable but credit card fees apply. Visa/MasterCard & Amex +2%
Specialised Dive Travel Agents