Booked Out - Waitlist Only
In February 2018 we return to Raja Ampat, Indonesia, the heart of the coral triangle and the ultimate destination for the best of the best tropical diving
in the world. We have chartered the most experienced live aboard vessel and team in Raja Ampat and we have 40,000 square kilometres of marine park,
1500 islands to explore and reefs that deliver over 600 species of corals & over 2000 species of fish. Our 2012 trip there was awesome and we only
just scratched the surface of what is there to see.
Raja Ampat, Indonesia is the bulls eye of marine life biodiversity in the middle of the coral triangle. A labyrinth of islands that provide flat calm water cruising among spectacular scenery with rarely another vessel in sight.
Our live aboard is Sea Horse and they are the original and most experienced operator of Raja Ampat diving and have a great reputation World Wide. Our charter has been selected to take advantage of the best time of year for weather, tides and diving conditions. www.seahorseliveaboard.com
The Seahorse is a comfortable boat for 16 divers purpose built for diving and exploration with photographers in mind. She has 2 double cabins and 6 twin cabins. All en-suite and all with AC. There is a large saloon where all meals are served. Early breakfast, cooked breakfast, three course lunch, and three course evening meal. The dive deck is spacious with large wet camera tables and dedicated camera rinse buckets. There is also a dry camera room with plenty of workbench space and charging points in 110 and 240V.
There is a sun deck with lounges and bean bags above the saloon for relaxing between dives. All diving takes place from our two custom built aluminium tenders, all dive gear will be waiting for you on the tender once the briefing is given, no bouncing around in zodiacs in full gear. All crew are trained and well experienced in handling camera rigs large and small.
hundreds of small islands all shaped by the time into sculptures that only nature can produce. The topside it’s out of this world but once your
head is under the water you start to understand the concept of variety of colours. The soft corals are unbelievable, all kind of colours and at
all depths. It is not unusual to be among a dozen of different ones only a metre or two down! There are some nudies and lots of pygmies and also
big guys like Grey Sharks big Napoleon Wrasses , Groupers and Mantas.
- Gam, Mansuar, Kri Islands: Outstanding diving with sites just fabulously filled with fish and pelagic action is always expected. At the west site of
Mansuar área, Mantas can be seen in great numbers. For the enthusiastic of macro photography here you will get the best chance of the trip. Pygmies,
small crustaceans of all kind, nudies…The night dive under the pier of the pearl farm will be probably the best of the trip.
- Batanta Among the rare picturesque dragonets, spotting mandarin fish, mimic octopus and blue ringed octopus.
- Penemu Islands: Dive sites like Melissa’s Garden, Keruo Wall and Barracuda Point are not to be missed. The hard corals are more abundant, and although
the fish life is as good as it gets, the barracudas and the wobbegong sharks will be our main goals.
Lembah Straight Option: As the flight route to Raja Ampat is via Manado, Sulawesi we have the opportunity to stop over for any
number of days diving the amazing macro life of the World Famous Lembeh Strait. At approximately USD $1050 for accommodation, all meals, unlimited
diving and transfers, this is a highly recommended option and can be extended to a longer visit if required. Contact us for further details and a quote.
Arrive in Sorong, 5 February 2018, board Sea Horse
Depart Sea Horse 16 February 2018
Kevin & Cherie Deacon
Pricing USD $4750
- Includes 11 nights twin share aboard Sea Horse, all meals aboard, tanks, weights & dive guides.
- Tanks, weights and dive guide services
- Tour Leader Services
- International flights and any hotel overnight stays required for connections.
- Travel insurance, excess luggage and personal expenses
- Australian Departure and applicable airline taxes (Approx. $510 and subject to change)
- Port and Marine Park Fees USD $250.00.
- Please note, all accommodation is based on twin share and same sex twin share cannot be guaranteed to individuals without a partner or preferred cabin
- Conditions Apply. Rates subject to change.
- $750 Non-refundable Deposit required to secure a spot! Balance of payment due October 2017.
- All prices subject to increases if the Australian dollar falls dramatically.
- All prices based on bank transfers, cash or cheque. Credit cards are acceptable but credit card fees apply. Visa/MasterCard & Amex +2%
Specialised Dive Travel Agents